Monday, October 5, 2009

And now...FOR THE MAIN EVENT!

Man your battle stations, it's time for the main event!

Hopefully after tomorrow I will no longer have to whine about all my catastrophes and mishaps with sauces. I feel like we've been making sauces for months and I'm ready just to move on already! Yeesh...give me some meat, fish, vegetables, ANYTHING but freaking Veloute, Espagnole, or Hollandaise!

Tomorrow night we're getting tested on 7 sauces, you heard right...SEVEN! I know, I'm having trouble breathing too but I can do it, right? The chef tells us organization is key but you can only prepare so much in advance for a practical. Here's the plan and the order we have to do it:

1. Espagnole
2. Veloute
3. Bechamel
4. Hollandaise
5. Beurre Blanc
6. Allemande
7. Chasseur

Say a little prayer for me because I'm going to need all the help I can get! Although, I do have to toot my own horn because I've been rocking in the sauce department lately!

Game face is on...here goes nothing!

* Picture courtesy my nephew Mason when he was a baby...killer game face, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment